Saturday, December 8, 2007

Office Christmas Party







Well all the pictures from the party are on Doc's camera so will have to post those later, these I took when I got home.

Had to show all my loot....

So we meet at the mall and gather on some benches near one of the entrances, along comes Doc and his wife Dena. Doc has red antlers on and he pulls santa hats out of a bag and we all have to put them on and take group pictures( I am sure all the shoppers are getting a kick out of the big production) Then he hands out envelopes and we get our instructions to spend 1 1/2 hours shopping and can only buy things for ourselves then meet back at the same spot. We all open the envelope at the same time and have a hundred $$$ bill. Ready... set.... go ! I am not so sure about the clothes I have put on hold the night before so decide to make a sweep of all the stores. What I really want is a nice camera bag for my new Canon Rebel....... But no camera shop in the mall. Well I check a few places and then decide to be practical and head to bath & body for hand soaps. Well they are pretty well picked over at this point so only get 3 for $10. Check a few more stores for a camera bag and no luck..... Well I am passing Wilsons leather and think hmmmmm

I go in and ask, "sorry no camera bags, but maybe this men's kit bag will work?" She wants to make a sale.....

I look at the beautiful black leather bag and tell her about the shopping spree I am on...... The bag does look like it would work.

Different large compartments ..... Very sturdy..... and on sale for $79. I take it and buy leather conditioner too !

This leaves me with $4 and since before we went I have been dying for a drink of water. ( all the excitement) Well I splurge and get an iced tea instead.

We all meet back and the mall bench and have a show and tell of our purchases. A few went over $$$ and a few were under $$$, lots of clothes, new holiday linens and dishes for Lori, waffle maker for Amanda.

Off to Porters now.... And more gifts !!!!! In between courses we play this "white elephant game" only doc bought all the gifts and they are really nice, 2 mp3 players I scored one of them, facial spa kit, travel mug and coffee assortments, fleece throw.

We all got a large bag from Dena, she just got back from taking the two grandkids to Hawaii Friday night, in it were asorted gift special to the islands and a hand painted ornament and fresh flower lei !!

Then our gift exchange from the names we drew, I got doc and he got me, I gave him a Mt Dew Tshirt, fridge pack of Dew, tennis balls and some sort of things for his tennis racket!? He got me a digital photo frame.

Desert for everyone and then an envelope with our "BONUS" check !!!!

Like we hadn't gotten enough already !!!

Now That guy is generous almost to a fault, I know he does all the shopping for us, not sending his wife. I am very lucky to have found my way back to working for him,

Thanks Doc !!!!


PS don't forget to leave a comment on my blog(read saturdays mug shot)

5 comments:

Brooke - in Oregon said...

Oh my gosh! Does he have a spot for me :) lol We OWN our business and don't get perks like that! You totally scored :)

Janie said...

Okay, who has one of the best jobs in the world?

Janie said...

I forgot to mention that that is a great shot of you! You must scrap that one! Blow it up to a 8x10.

Janie said...

Just noticed my typo, oops.
Have to go home and finish decorating!

Ta-ta!

Janie said...

I finally figured out who you look like in that picture (santa cap).......you look like Nia Valdalos (not sure on spelling of last name)!

Blog Archive