Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Scooters"




SCOOTERS BY DAVE M.



With the new cost of liquid gold, gas that is, scooters are the new rage of chic. Almost every color of the rainbow. In sizes small to medium. Some with a calming quiet hum to others with a slight bumble bee like buzz and some with no sound at all, just the wind in the breeze. There are also some with what look like training wheels, two front tires side by side.



I may not ride the wide open range like easy rider but I do zip through cross town traffic on my plastic and aluminum pony. I ride proudly wearing my colors of neon lime green and fluorescent lemon yellow reflective safety vest. Sometimes when I am truly bold I raise the helmet’s clear face shield and stick my head beside the windscreen and feel the wind in my face.



As I roll to a stop I see beside me a gleaming black and chrome full dress two wheeled American machine with its deep throated rumble. We give each other that look of “nice ride man.” I guess deep down we all share the same feeling and that is to ride free, less the price of gas.



Had to share this....
Written by my sister's husband Dave...
Well everyone knows that Mona is the "PUBLISHED" writer in this family.....
Dave has taken to accompanying her to various book readings and writers group events....
After one such event , Dave asked for a pen on the ride home and penned a cute little ditty about my sister..
At a recent reading Dave stood up and read one of his poems...
Wait just a minute here......isn't Mona the writer of the family?
Seems like Dave has decided to give her a run for her money!
Way to go Dave, love the "Scooter" story and Andy took a picture of this one to accompany it.

PS What is really funny about this story is that my brother in law was one of those "he man , no helmet , wind in his hair, bikers" and actually was in an accident just weeks before he and my sister got married. Luckily not hurt bad. Now in his mid 50's to think he sees himself riding a scooter..........

1 comment:

Janie said...

and here I thought you bought a scooter..........
Pete keeps talking about it, so there might be a scooter in my future.

Blog Archive